Monday, March 13, 2006

Swimming in the Puget Sound

I get a lot of questions regarding swimming in Seattle. People just can't wait to jump into the Puget Sound to get cooled off. While I find it quite refreshing, most people find the 56 degree water a bit on the chilly side. That's right, folks, I said 56 degrees. The average water temperature in August is a bone chilling 56 degrees. Mind you, that's about 10 degrees warmer than the Winter temps, but still a bit on the frigid side. So, what's a speedo-wearin' Euro to do? Not to worry, Frenchy. Just head to one of the many lakes in the area. There is no shortage of lakefront beaches with swimming areas. I'll post a review of some of my favorites in a future post. There are so many, though, that I just don't feel like tackling it tonight.

No comments:

Add to My AOL